This is why we do it
In March this Veteran, who was struggling with PTSD came skiing with us. In the previous year he had struggled with joining in everyday activities. On his return we gave him a mentor. This is his letter to us…
Hi all, Just a quick update as 3 months have nearly passed. Things I’ve done over this quarter.
– Guitar Building Course
– Archery Instructor Course
– Working on my fitness
– Joined a Cricket Team
– Trying out for the Invictus Games in Archery
– Joined up with CSDST (Combined Service Disabled Ski Team) Via Sally
– Sailing/racing for a week in June with a PTSD charity called Turn to Starboard with a goal to circumnavigate the UK with a WIS team in 2014.
– Put my name down to do some sailing qualifications starting with the Day Skipper Course
– Doing my Level 3 fitness instructor and personaltrainer course July 2014
– Found a new Solicitor to act on my behalf with regards to AFCS and the RTA’s
– And finally, I have managed to get my Med’s intake down by 85% so I am back in touch with the world now and nearly living the dream again. Thanks for the heads up Scotty managed to quit thePregabalin.
This all come about from my week away skiing and socializing with you. Thank you so much for the opportunity to come out with you. You have changed my life! THANK YOU xxx